- The personal information we collect
- The personal information collect from you includes:
- Contact details, such as your name, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, and address(es),
- Proof of your identity and bank account information,
- Information as needed to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under applicable law, e.g. if you send a high-value transaction.
- We get this information from you, when you e.g. register an account with us or set up a Payment Order.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties for example, banks you use to transfer money to us; banks of your Recipient; business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services.
- The personal information we use
- We use your personal information:
- To provide our products and Services to you;
- For security purposes and to verify your identity,
- For administration, planning and account management,
- To monitor, develop and improve our Services and for training and quality purposes, for example, we may record calls,
- To prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other crime and to comply with the law.
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To tell you about other products and Services we offer that may be of relevance to you. We’ll send you messages by email or other digital methods and telephone. These may include messages to manage your dealings with us, or that we are required to send you to comply with our obligations under the Customer Agreement, law or regulation, or marketing messages.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing at any time through the unsubscribe function available in each marketing message we send to you, or you can log into the HelloTaka website and update your preferences or call Customer Support.
- The personal information we share
- We may share your personal information with the below and third parties, if requested by you, required to provide the Services to you, we have a duty to disclose it, a law or regulation allow us to do so or for legitimate business reasons:
- Other companies in the HelloTaka Group (the “HelloTaka Group” includes us, our parent company, and its other subsidiaries).
- To our service providers, partners and agents (including their sub-contractors), including, web hosting, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, debt collectors, and professional advisors.
- Payment processing service providers, intermediaries and financial institutions to process your payments.
- Companies and organizations to identify you and to protect against fraud.
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies in Denmark and in other countries, and
- To someone to whom we may or do transfer any business or assets, for example in connection with a restructure, sale or acquisition of any HelloTaka Group company.
- By registering and using our Services, you accept that the data we collect is controlled and processed together with B A Exchange Company (UK) Ltd, a money transfer service provider established under the laws of UK, its parent company and subsidiaries.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at, processed in, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example a country where you have asked us to send a payment. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your payment order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By registering with us and using our Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Where we share information with an organization outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they apply equivalent levels of protection as we are required to provide. If this is not possible, for example, we are required by law to disclose your information, we will make sure that sharing the information is lawful.
- The personal information you update
4.1 To ensure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, you need to tell us as soon as possible if any of the information you have provided to us has changed. From time to time, we may also ask you to confirm your details are up to date. We will update our records as soon as possible to ensure we can continue to provide our Services to you.
4.2 If you want a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can contact us at email@example.com . There may be situations where we may not action your request, including where the provision of access would be too costly, the information may contain references to other individuals or for legal, investigative, security or commercial proprietary reasons.
- The personal information we protect
- We ensure to have in place a range of security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone else and not to use this password for other services or products.
- Any personal information you submit to us or access electronically or over the telephone is done at your own risk. You acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet or the telephone can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure We do not guarantee or warrant the security of information transmitted in these ways. We will never ask you for your full security credentials. If you are unsure, please end the session or call and call Customer Support straight away.
- We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of HelloTaka who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from unauthorised access.
- The personal information you can access
- Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to access information we held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee of to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.